The Shops on Steeles
SCS Consulting Group staff have prepared the functional servicing report in support of The Shops on Steeles’ Re-Zoning and Official Plan Amendment for a mixed-use re-development of an existing plaza. The site is located on the north side of Steeles Avenue East, east of Don Mills Road, west of Highway 404 and south of Wycliffe Olde Towne subdivision. SCS staff identified viable solutions for providing sewer, watermain and utility services for the proposed development.
Highlights of the project include:
- 1,235 residential units in five buildings, ranging from 8 storey podiums to 28 storey towers, 290,000
- sq. ft. commercial/office space, to be constructed in a phased approach over the next 8-10 years.
- Development will be subject to stormwater management quantity and quality controls in order to limit stormwater runoff to less than existing.
- Implemented sanitary sewer flow monitoring and rainfall monitoring program in order to provide required sewer upgrades only as they become necessary.
- Represented the Client as a witness at the Ontario Municipal Board hearing in support of the development.