WHO WE ARE
Consulting Group Ltd. is a consulting engineering firm providing
services to the land development industry and public agencies.
SCS Consulting Group Ltd. is a consulting engineering firm providing services to the land development industry and public agencies.
Providing services to the Land Development Industry and Municipalities, SCS Consulting Group has earned a reputation for excellence, offering specialized technical expertise and design solutions that are both practical and innovative. The firm’s experience in the main areas of the urban land engineering business, include preliminary engineering, stormwater management, detailed design, contract administration, landowner group and cost sharing assistance.
SCS Consulting Group started in 2005 with the partnership of three colleagues, Steve Schaefer, Malcolm Catto and Blair Seeley, each with their own area of specialized expertise. Since our inception, SCS has added and developed many highly skilled individuals, and has grown to a staff of over 100 people. The size of our firm has allowed us to incorporate a wide variety of professionals while still maintaining hands on involvement by the partners and senior engineers in all of the projects we undertake. SCS Consulting Group has earned a reputation for excellence, offering specialized technical expertise and design solutions that are both practical and innovative. SCS Consulting Group provides the land development industry and municipalities with the following expert municipal engineering services:
- Servicing Feasibility Studies in Support of Land Acquisition Investigations
- Preliminary Engineering Studies in Support of Planning Applications
- Stormwater Management Studies and Design
- Detailed Design of Subdivision, and Site Plan Infrastructure and Grading
- Contract Administration and Resident Site Services
- Developer Group Cost Sharing and Project Management Services
- Group Engineering Services
We look forward to the opportunity to working with you and demonstrating our passion for quality, service and commitment to your objectives.
2023 Toronto Urban Design Awards
Award of Excellence
Tommy Thompson Entrance and Pavilion – 3 Leslie Street
2021 Lake Simcoe Region
Distinguished Achievement Award
Steve Schaefer – SCS Consulting Group Ltd.
2021 BILD GTA
Chair’s Award of Merit
Steve Schaefer – SCS Consulting Group Ltd.
2016 Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority
Conservation Award of Merit
Honouring SCS Consulting Group Ltd. – Stormwater Management
2014 34th Annual BILD Awards
Places to Grow Community of the Year
Low Rise – The Neighbourhoods of Cardinal Point
2013 Infrastructure Award of Excellence
Greater Toronto Sewer and Watermain Contractors Association
2012 Vaughan Urban Design Awards
Environmental Green Award
The Molise Kleinburg
Wetland Channel Project
Steve Schaefer, P. Eng.Steve is a founding partner of SCS Consulting Group. He is responsible for the management and technical execution of engineering projects from the initial planning stages through to construction. His strong background in municipal design, water resources, and project management allow for a seamless approach to his projects from start to finish.
He has recently led design teams responsible for preliminary engineering of many large residential subdivisions, high density mixed use projects, high profile commercial and office developments throughout the GTA, as well as providing engineering services (such as cost sharing and project management) to several large development groups.
Steve brings a very practical approach to all of his projects, which result in a feasible, cost efficient and easily implementable design and construction program.
Malcolm Catto, P. Eng.Malcolm is responsible for management and detailed design of engineering projects from the planning stages through to construction. His strong background in municipal design and project management allows for a smooth progression of his projects from start of design to municipal assumption.
He has recently managed design teams responsible for preliminary engineering of many large residential subdivisions throughout the GTA, as well as providing engineering services (such as cost sharing and group engineering) to several large development groups.
Malcolm brings a very detailed approach to all of his projects, which results in a comprehensive, cost effective and easily implementable design and construction program.
Blair Seeley, C. Tech.Blair has extensive field and contract administration experience and oversees a team that coordinates and conducts site inspections of all stages of construction, from pre to post construction, including earthworks, roadworks, underground servicing, and above ground project completion.
He has extensive experience in contract preparation, tender preparation and analysis, and preparation of invoice approvals and payment certificates, some involving cost sharing/variance reports between multiple owners and local municipalities.
Blair deals with all Client and Agency issues and is experienced with all aspects of project management on municipal development projects from approvals to assumption. Blair is knowledgeable in the field of trenchless technology providing design and construction support to several design teams in this unique and expanding area.
To be the most respected consulting firm in the land development industry in the markets we serve.
To build long lasting working relationships with the most respected developers in the land development industry.
Integrity, Accountability, Quality, Sustainability, Innovation, Team Work, Preferred Employer.
The key to the success of SCS Consulting Group is our exceptional client service.
- SCS Consulting Group employees are empowered and encouraged to take ownership of their projects;
- We believe our fundamental strength lies within our staff. SCS Consulting Group employees are fairly compensated and rewarded with challenging work, career growth opportunities, and job satisfaction;
- SCS Consulting Group has built a solid reputation for excellence and quality work. All products are subject to strict quality assurance measures, and SCS only produces cost effective and innovative designs;
- Senior staff and project managers apply their skills and expertise to every project, and they continue to be involved in all aspects through the life of each project;
- We continuously build long lasting relationships within the industry which aids SCS Consulting Group in servicing its clients;
- The SCS Consulting Group business model is built for longevity;
- SCS Consulting Group uses the most innovative tools. Employees have the best software and technology at their disposal, so work can be executed in the most efficient manner. This enables SCS to produce designs and work productively in the most cost effective way possible;
- SCS Consulting Group will continue to build relationships within the industry, and endeavor to stay current on factors influencing the development community. This will allow SCS to provide clients with timely and strategic advice that will assist them in making informed business decisions;
- SCS Consulting Group will encourage employees to be part of the communities that they live and work in. Volunteerism is rewarding and will allow SCS to give something back to the people that have supported the growth of SCS.